PLL Episode 1x21 - Monsters in the End
Clues in this Episode that Aria is A
Aria and Ezra have been dating for quite some time now. Since she is lying to her friends and family about seeing him, his apartment is usually where they hang out. We often see them having take out and watching movies together. She's been over there so many times she obviously will know where the key is. Most of the times we see her go over there Ezra isn't even home. He leaves a spare key under the door mat so that Aria can get in whenever she's not there. Aria obviously knows where the key to Ezra's apartment. We've seen her get the key a few times now, once in 1x07 and now in 1x21
Aria was not the only one we've seen getting the key from under the mat outside of Ezra's apartment. At the end of this episode we see 'A' take the key from under the mat. Why would 'A' want a spare key to Ezra's apartment? And who would want the key? Who else besides Aria and Ezra know that there is a key under the mat? The only person we know that know about it is Aria. Obviously Ezra already has a key to his own apartment so it would be stupid for him to take it from under the mat. Aria on the other hand is a character that it would make sense for her to want they key from under the mat. She probably finds it annoying that she doesn't have her own set and probably wants it so she can get in and out easier. Aria is the only person that knows about the key under the mat and she is the only character that it would make sense for her to want to get the key out from under the mat.
Over the past couple episode we have seen more sides to the liars than we were first introduced to. We find out in this episode that Aria is a very jealous liar as well as nice and caring. Aria has just recently found out a little more about Ezra's past that she did not know before. She was spying on him by looking through his old pictures on his computer. She notices a picture of him with his ex-girlfriend named Jackie. She finds out in this episode that Ezra proposed to Jackie and she doesn't seem to like it too much. Aria sounds worried that Ezra liked Jackie better than he likes Aria. Sounds like Aria is getting very jealous and a little insecure. This definitely isn't the first time that Aria has gotten super jealous about something. I'm sure when Ali was still around she probably go jealous about everything that she did with all of the older boys that she always talked about. Do you think Aria was ever jealous of Ali and thats why she is threatening her? A definitely seems like they are full of jealousy. This could be one of 'A's motives!
Song played throughout the episode:
- Upside Down by Garrison StarrEmily goes to meet with Paige & Samara from Sheridan Prep
- Come and Find Me by Josh RitterEmily & Samara talk about Paige & secret relationships.
- Backed Into The Corner by Amy StroupEmily checks out Samara's booth at the festival, then they are joined by Paige.
- What We Want by Bess RogersAria removes Jackie as a profile friend right after being accepting
- Something Inside by The LongcutSpencer gets a text from Toby, which leads to a message from A.
- I Don't Want To Leave by Matthew Perryman JonesAria urges Hanna to go talk with Caleb when they see him getting on a bus.
- The Last Time by The DaylightsIan confronts Spencer about trying to bring him down.