PLL Episode 4x24 - A is for Answers
Clues from the Episode that Aria is A
EPISODE TITLE - The title is A is for Answers so let's get to it! Ali is finally here to give the girls answers to all the questions they have for her. The real question is, can we trust what Alison says? Some of her answers and the flashbacks shown as she describes what happened seem to contradict previous flashbacks we have been shown. Ali has never been a trustworthy character either, so we can only assume the possibility exists and any or all of her "answers" could be true, but they could also be false. Here is the synopsis of what Ali tells the girls...
- Ali knows that Jenna, Toby, Ezra and Spencer are NOT A. She didn't communicate that because "sometimes lies are more interesting than the truth"
- Mrs. DeLaurentis buried Alison, her own daugher, alive. She see's someone hit Ali over the head and then protects that person by burying her own daugher alive. Hmmm... not sure about this one.... but anything is possible in Rosewood. then coincidentally, mrs D is murdered the exact same way at the end of the episode. If Ali is lying about being buried alive by her mother, then one of the liars may have had something to do with Mrs. D's death.
- Ali helped Hanna the night at the lodge.
- Ali was the one who saved Spencer from crazy Ian in the Bell Tower in Season 1.
- Ali first came back to visit the girls when Hanna was hit by the car. She didn't want A to hurt them.
- Ali thinks that Mona is her stalker, and not a friend to the girls. she tells them how Mona basically chased her out of town pretending to help her after she crawled out of the grave her mother buried her in.
- Ali knew that spencer was taking drugs the night she disappeared. They had a fight and after the fight they made a pact that night that neither of them would tell spencer's parents. Someone must have been spying on them that night. This could be a clue to that person being Aria. There is evidence in the pilot episode that she was awake before the other girls and could have been out of the barn that night as well. (see our recap for episode 1x1 for details)
- Ali drugged the girls on the night she disappeared to make sure they stayed in the barn and could be eliminated as A. Since both Spencer and Aria likely left the barn, Ali's plan didn't work.
- Ali confronted Ian that night before she left town and he was not A.
- Ezra and Ali never were THAT serious.
As Alison is filling the girls in on everything, she tells them about being stalked by A and trying to find out who was terrorizing her via text message. She flashes back to a text that she received from her tormentor that set her plan for the sleepover night into action to find out once and for all who is behind the threats. The text was send to Ali when she went to visit Jenna trying to eliminate her as the tomenter. the text read, "Bitch can't see you, but I do. Tonight's the night I kill you. -A".
This text is another clue toward Aria. In Episode 3x2, Aria used the exact same language as A when Jenna arrived back at school after receiving new medical treatment. Aria says to the girls, "Bitch can see!" This is not the first time we see A and Aria using the same language and phrases.