This recap looks at the episode from the perspective that Aria is A.
- The girls have Ali's diary and are trying to sort through the secret codes to see what it reveals.
- Emily is clearly upset by some of the things she finds written about her in Ali's journal.
- Ali visits Emily, or is it a dream? Ali says that Emily always saw the best side of her, but Emily isn't seeing it anymore.
- Ali (or someone) leaves a note for Emily to meet at the kissing rock. Ali is a no show but someone is watching from the woods.
- Hannah tells the girls about her breakup with Caleb. She tries to play it off that she is fine but she is clearly upset especially since she thinks Caleb left her for another girl. Hannah runs into Travis and tells her that CeCe was seen on the run and it looks like someone paid her to kill Wilden.
- Spencer continues to question her father's motives and after finding Mrs. Dilaurentis at her house with her father, she thinks they are having an affair.
- She overhears Mrs. D say that she is keeping something from Jason.
- Mr. Hastings now claims that Toby's mother's death was an accident and she fell from the roof. Another patient whose identity is unknown witnessed the "fall".
- Spencer later publicly tells Mrs. D to stay away from her family. Mr. Hastings says she will not have contact with Mrs. D while under his roof, so Spencer leaves for Toby's.
- Aria is wearing red and black again in the episode.
- Ezra spies on the girls and is clearly worried about their possession of Ali's diary. There must be some very incriminating information in there about either Aria, him or both.
- In the classroom scene, Aria is sneakily leaving something in Ezra's desk. Spencer questions Aria on her feelings for Ezra and tells her that she still loves him but only likes Jake. Aria says she is working on it.
- When Emily needs a break from the diary, Aria tries to take it next, but Hannah grabs it out of Aria's hands and says Spencer is next. Aria give Hannah a quick stare down. Hannah seems to have read most of the diary, maybe she is becoming a little suspicious of Aria based on what she has read?
- Ezra lurks and watches the whole scene. He sees that Hannah has the diary last and later shows up at her house with an excuse about grades and while Ashley conveniently gets a business call, he snoops in Hannah's room. While there, Ezra accesses Hannah's laptop. I don't think it is necessarily the diary Ezra is looking for at Hannah's but the laptop or anything that can tell him how much information Hannah has about A.
- It is Aria who knows about the Busy Bee Inn from the story in the diary and once again Aria who directs the liars on the next wild goose chase, this time to that hotel to look for Ali.
- Ezra and Aria's conversation in the classroom has a strange vibe. It is almost like they are communicating more non-verbally than with words. Aria gives Ezra all the information he needs to know the girls plans though.
- I think there is a lot of incriminating information in Ali's diary, and both Ezra and Aria are concerned with how much Hannah may have learned by having it for so long.
- Ezra is shown watching a video on his laptop of Ali pleading with someone to help her not be herself anymore.
- While in the car, Hannah isn't herself and cleary upset, interesting how Aria opens right up to the cradle robber story which upsets Hannah even more.
- The girls car conveniently breaks down within walking distance of Ezra's cabin.
- While at the cabin, Ezra sneaks in and steals the diary.
- End phone conversation between Aria and Ezra was interesting, it was almost in code but Aria did manage to get the information she needed when she asked Ezra if he got all his work done. Aria is also still hiding that she is even talking to Ezra.